Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Love.

Love…the giving of oneself.
Love…what you see in others.
Love…something that uses time.

Love to one may be drastically different than love to another. Looking back as a child, love was something I gave to everyone. It didn’t matter who they were or what they looked like. It is amazing the love children can give because they are so innocent and non-judgmental.

Love…a simple hello.
Love…a tender hug.
Love…a play date with a friend.

As we grow older I don’t know why, but it seems the world has a harder time loving. The world around us has so much hatred and animosity. Why? I don’t have the answer; no one does. Instead of this anger, love is what should be spread and shared. This can be done simply by smiling to neighbor, helping someone in need, giving back to the community.

Love…needed in the world.
Love…searched for among people.
Love…shared through simple acts.

And then, I look to the example of love taught by my parents. Their love is unconditional, whether I do something great or make an unwise decision. It is important that parents have this love for their children, and also that children have this love for their parents. If the world came to realize what true love means there would be a greater happiness among its inhabitants. Everyone would be a little nicer, and a little friendlier, and even a little braver. Share love wherever you are.

Love…unconditional.
Love…inspiring.
Love…happy.

(...this was my english assignment, somewhat. ha ha ha. felt like sharing.)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hey girl, I like how you posted your English assignment on your blog! -and no I'm not being sarcastic. ;) I may do that. About the new background, here's the link that teaches you how and gives you the options: http://www.cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com/